Asthma in Alaska
Alaska Asthma Coalition
Asthma is one of the most prevalent chronic diseases among Alaska's adults and children. Yet, its heavy burden on the economy of Alaska in terms of absenteeism, unnecessary emergency room visits, hospitalizations, and deaths is largely preventable.
Based on its work over the past two and a half years, the broad-based Alaska Asthma Coalition has determined that this impact can be significantly reduced with a modest annual investment of $500,000 for an Asthma Control Program within the Alaska Division of Public Health.
Thank you to all of our coalition members and organizations working to educate Alaskans on the impact of asthma in Alaska, and the importance of managing it!
• Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Center of Alaska
• Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
• Alaska VA Healthcare System
• American Lung Association in Alaska
• Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, Alaska Chapter
• Rural Alaska Community Action Program
• Tanana Valley Clinic
• US Public Health Service
• And all of the individual volunteers who have given their time to this cause!